“Hocus Pocus and… I Put a Spell on You”. Oh I wasn’t wrong, also because in the most magical night of the year it will be a real spell that we will talk about. Isn’t cosmetics after all? Each cream, serum and product is a real potion. A concentrate of ingredients that, through their properties, act on the person making them more beautiful and radiant. So today I bring you to discover the secret charm of one of the most intriguing cosmetic formulations: the tonic!
Find out more about Beauty HERE.
The Filter of Wonders
- pinch of humectants , make the skin softer to the touch and less dry the potion;
- touch of sequestering ingredients, avoid oxidation processes of the formula;
- good dose of active ingredients, to be included in the hydrosol, such as vegetable water or hyaluronic acid;
- in conclusion of the good perfume, and related solubilizer, and finally adjust the pH to about 5.5 with lactic or citric acid.
Voilà… the Tonic is ready!
Uses and Quality
Now that, my dear witches, we have the recipe for the perfect potion the only question that arises is: how to use this magic filter? What amazing and interesting results will it be ready to give?
The first important thing to say is that the tonic should ALWAYS be used after washing the face. This is because one of its greatest qualities is that of rebalancing the skin’s natural acidity after cleansing. As if that were not enough, moreover, it acts as a regulator of sebum. It therefore eliminates the unwanted shine and creates a barrier that narrows the pores.
In fact, the tonic revitalizes and rejuvenates the skin tissues, stimulates the production processes of collagen and elastin, reduces redness and irritation and finally has a purifying and calming effect.
The Rainbow of Tonics
Among many shades and stills, how to understand which of these powerful magic filters is the most suitable?
- Rose: with rose flower extract to minimize redness. Elderflower to soften the skin, tone it and brighten it. And finally chamomile for a calming effect;
- Vitamin C: with probiotics to strengthen and protect the skin, plus white willow bark to exfoliate and rebalance it;
- Milky: enriched with oat extract and jojoba milk to hydrate and soothe the skin. Fortified with the antioxidant properties of green tea;
- Collagen: enhanced by the presence of acacia collagen, which voluminizes and rejuvenates, and coconut water as a moisturizer;
- Retinol: from the name itself, with renewing and smoothing retinol and peptides;
- Glow: a concentrate of light obtained with fructose and sucrose;
- Clarity: with glycolic acids (to exfoliate), lactic acids (to lighten) and salicylic acids (to free the pores), it is enriched with probiotics.
What’s your beauty potion?