Anxiety and stress are among the causes of a problem that unites us all: sleeping little and badly. In the period from 1905 to 2008 the world population has progressively and systematically reduced the time dedicated to sleep.
Find out more about my Blog Post here.
The advantages of sleeping well
Sleeping well brings the energy necessary to face the next day is also of fundamental importance for our psycho-physical health. Among the advantages that good sleep gives our body there are:
– the “repair” of muscle “damage” caused by sport;
– the focus of everything that has been done during the day, making both short and long term memory improvements;
– improvement of hormonal secretion.
What is the best sleeping position?
There is no correct sleeping position, the correct position is a comfortable position. However, sleeping on your stomach brings certain unpleasant disturbances, such as muscle contractures or breathing fatigue.
For the muscles it’s not an optimal position as there is a tendency to keep a rotation of the head for 7-8 hours which causes on the one hand an effort in stretching and on the other in shortening.
Also during deep sleep we don’t realize it, but we breathe with the diaphragm (which is the correct way to breathe) and sleeping on the stomach the diaphragm is compressed. Moreover, if you suffer from allergies, for example, this position worsens the clinical situation of a patient.
The advice to correct this position is to sleep on one side with a pillow between the legs, which acting as a brake will prevent us from putting ourselves in a prone position.
The 5 golden rules of good sleep
Creating a routine and healthy habits can meet us for an ideal quantity and quality of sleep. Here are the 5 golden rules of “Sleep Well”:
1. choose the mattress and according to personal needs (the advice is to try it not sitting on it, but lie down and stay there for at least 10-15 minutes);
2. prefer personal bed linen (also for the double beds) so that everyone can take a nap with their own duvet of the ideal weight. In a room whose temperature is between 18-20 ° choose a “warm” duvet, from 20 ° up choose a “fresh” duvet;
3. go to sleep and always get up at the same time and take a maximum afternoon nap of 20 minutes;
4. sleep in a dark and quiet environment;
5. avoid the use of electronic devices with blue light before going to bed.
Targeted shopping: Tartaruga Imbottiti
In order to best follow the aforementioned rules it’s important to start from a targeted and careful shopping that can guarantee the right rest. By virtue of this, turn to a brand, such as Tartaruga Imbottiti, 100% made in Italy is the right choice.
This company makes recycling its watchword as they use completely new waste materials that are used to produce mattresses and which they reuse to produce pillows with a very low pollution rate.
What could be better than taking care of your health and doing it in return knowing that you have made an eco-sustainable choice?
I bought two pillows which arrived in a very short time, within 48 hours, and which I received vacuum packed. It took them less than half an hour to acquire their shape and volume and so in the evening I could already sleep on them.
It must be specified that the pillows are LIABEL certified and, as already mentioned, padded with recycled materials, not to mention that they are coated with ivy in anti-mite and stain-resistant non-woven fabric.
Relatively hard they accompany sleep, not sinking and always regaining their shape as soon as you move your head. Very tall they keep the neck in a straight position preventing it from bending in strange ways thus causing the annoying morning stiff necks.
100% polyurethane staple you can buy them HERE.