Milan, the cradle of innovation and culture, marries the solid tradition of the “Trattoria Nuovo Macello”. It’s the beginning of 2014 when the Frigoriferi Milanesi invite its young chefs to move their restaurant here. With a traditional but modern menu, the spearhead is the raw material: zero kilometer and strictly seasonal.
Find out more about Food here.
Modern and pleasant it’s located in the Frigoriferi Milanesi’s Palace. The minimal and classy furnishings are characterized by wooden details. The fireplace warms the atmosphere giving it an almost homey touch. But its industrial soul is never denied.
Overlooking with its windows on Via Piranesi inside it has a few tables, but well spaced.
It was surprising and real class to discover that the chef himself takes care of the orders. But despite his concern, all his effort is thwarted by the rest of the staff. If on the one hand the customer feels pampered with attentions and willingness on the part of the chef. On the other the client finds himself interacting with a cold and angular staff. Among the most annoying behaviors that I found was asking ourselves if we wanted the bill after the starter, as if they were in a hurry to send us away. Or at the time of payment point out, a little too haughtily, that we were using a discount The Fork.
A praise to traditional dishes, but presented in a modern way and with a symphony of excellent taste.
The menu isn’t very wide, but the elaborate proposals are presented in an artistic way. Although the proportions are not exactly abundant.
Note on the ingredients, all of the highest quality and most from slow food presidia.
$ 165,12 for three people for:
– fish tartare caught with rocket, salicornia, passion fruit and wild rocket $ 14
– raw and cooked seafood salad with vegetables and green sauce $ 14
– Milanese crispy risotto with squid, artichokes and herb and lemon sauce $ 14
– guinea fowl and chestnut ravioli with its sauce, puntarelle and lemon scent $ 14
– Vicentina cod, puffed polenta and seasonal vegetables sautéed in oil $ 19
– iced chantilly with citrus crunch, almond sauce and coffee powder $ 8
– panettone sheet $ 8
– Sacher raspberries and rum sauce $ 8
– 2 espresso coffee
– 3 glasses of red wine
– covered and service $ 2,90
The following article refers to an exit made before to the Coronavirus emergency. It aims to be for information purposes only for the future. #istayathome