Browsing between ingredients and labels on sight
The importance of understanding an INCI has a significant impact on the cosmetic products we intend to purchase. Knowing how to read a label will certainly avoid unwise or harmful choices for our skin and health. Here, therefore, that understanding which ingredients to discover and which to avoid becomes a top priority when shopping.
Find out more about Beauty here.
Discovering the Hydrolates
Among the ingredients to be discovered, with pleasure and interest, it’s possible to find hydrolates (or aromatic waters). These are obtained by the distillation of fresh plants through steam. This process ensures that all the properties of the plant are maintained, although the percentage of active principle remains very low. Due to their delicacy, it’s an ingredient that is usually used for making lotions, creams, etc…
The slightly acid PH that characterizes them makes them very versatile, as well as perfect for sebum regulation and pore shrinkage.
Retinol and Jasmine Collection by Pixi
The best example of the presence of hydrolates, mainly jasmine in this case, is found in the Pixi collection dedicated to the renewal and rejuvenation of the skin.
1) CLEANING Retinol Jasmine Cleanser: with anti-inflammatory properties, due to jasmine oil, it retains the moisture of the skin;
2) TONE Retinol Tonic: chamomile calms and reduces redness. While elderflower makes the skin softer and more luminous;
3) TREAT Jasmin Oil Blend (morning) and Overnight Retinol Oil (evening): primrose stimulates blood circulation and grape seeds nourish the skin of the face (morning). While peptides make the revitalized and toned itself (evening);
4) HYDRATE Retinol Jasmine Lotion: with retinol to redefine the face and jasmine oil to nourish the skin;
5) NOURISH Retinol Eye Cream: with caffeine to wake up the eyes and soften dark circles.
Above all, the ingredients to avoid are silicones. These are very often used to avoid dehydration of skin and hair, but this feature is only apparently positive.
Acting like a film that wraps the same, it actually prevents it prevents normal oxygenation and hydration.
Over time they become like limestone for our pores thus causing the appearance of pimples, blackheads or millet grains on the skin. While the hair will be heavy, dull and dirty.
Silicones: how to recognize and avoid them
There are various wordings for silicones inside the cosmetics, here is a short guide to recognize them:
– often report suffixes such as -thicone, -xiloxane, -silanoil;
– cyclohexasiloxane, cyclomethicone or cyclopentasiloxane. Are some of the names of cyclic silicones. These have a lighter formula and a less strong occlusive power;
– dimethicone, dimethiconol, cetyl dimethicone, amodimethicone or dimethicone copolyol. Are among the most used and the most harmful silicones.
This selection don’t contain silicones. Are the best alternatives to bet on.
Let’s start with Matrix Total Results Color Obsessed. A mask for dyed hair that guarantees a longer color duration, without compromising the hydration of the hair.
Focusing on the face we start with the mask Mad Beauty Disney Princess Jasmine. With green tea extract to deeply nourish the skin and leave it silky to the touch.
We continue with the toothpaste Splat Professional Aromatherapy. Which takes care of the gums in a gentle way. It limits the formation of caries and prevents that of tartar.
Headlights focused on the eyes with the eyeshadow palette NYX Professional Makeup Foil Play Love Lust Disco. Offers 6 colors with intense pigmentation and with a metallic effect.
We conclude with the shea butter cocoa butter of EOS Toasted Marshmallow. Which repairs chapped lips leaving them smooth and hydrated.
How much did you know about Hydrolates and Silicones? Do you use some products that contain them? Of these which is your favorite?
Small honorable mention to the Yankee Candle . It is my opinion that should never be missing in any house, both for their formulation and for their fragrances. Even better if combined with your mood or season.
EOS Toasted Marshmallow 💚
Splat Professional Aromatherapy 💚💛❤️
Mad Beauty Disney Princess Jasmine 💚💛❤️
NYX Professional Makeup Foil Play Love Lust Disco 💛
Matrix Total Results Color Obsessed 💚💛
Retinol Tonic 💚❤️
Jasmine Oil Blend / Overnight Retinol Oil 💚💚💛
Retinol Jasmine Lotion 💚💚
Retinol Eye Cream 💚💚💛❤️
Yankee Candle 💚